USB to 8-Port RS-232 DB9 Serial Interface Adapter
The 2801 USB serial I/O adapter provides eight RS-232 serial ports for USB connectivity to legacy or non-USB compliant devices.
The 2801 is housed in a rugged metal enclosure making it ideal for rugged and industrial environments. The adapter integrates Sealevel’s SeaLATCH locking USB port, which is fully compatible with standard USB cables. When used with the included USB cable with a locking type B connector, the metal thumbscrew provides a secure connection to the device and prevents accidental cable disconnection. Additionally, the high-retention type B connector helps prevent unintentional separation from a standard USB cable.
SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. After installing the software, simply plug the 2801 into an available USB port. The serial ports are recognized as standard COM ports by the host system enabling compatibility with legacy software.
All SeaLINK USB serial adapters use a state-machine architecture that greatly reduces the host computer’s overhead when communicating over multiple serial ports simultaneously while supporting data rates to 460.8K bps. Status LEDs on the front of the enclosure indicate power and serial data activity on each port.
Standard operating temperature range is 0C to +70C and extended temperature range (-40°C to +85°C) is optional.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- High speed UART with 128-byte Tx FIFO and 384-byte Rx FIFO
- Data rates to 460.8K bps
- All modem control signals implemented
- Serial and USB activity LEDs
- Powered by USB connection
- Sealevel’s SeaLATCH locking USB port provides secure connection with SeaLATCH USB cables via metal thumbscrews
- Sealevel software supports Windows and Linux operating systems
- DB-9M connectors
- Includes 6' USB type A to SeaLATCH USB type B device cable (Item# CA356)