USB to 8-Port RS-232, RS-485 RJ45 VersaCom Serial Interface Adapter
The 2807 8-port USB to serial adapter offers an easy way to connect multiple RS-232 or RS-485 devices via a single USB port. With the unique VersaCom multi-interface connector design included on the 2807, both RS-232 and two-wire RS-485 signals are always present and active on the RJ45 serial connectors. Simply select the appropriate pin out for RS-232 or two-wire RS-485 on each individual port. There is never a need to open the enclosure to set internal jumpers or switches, so field installation and service is easy. Status LEDs display transmit and receive data activity.
SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. After installing the software, the serial ports appear as standard COM ports to the host system enabling compatibility with legacy software. The 2807 uses a state machine architecture that greatly reduces the host computer’s overhead when communicating over multiple ports simultaneously. Data rates up to 921.6K bps are supported.
The 2807 is USB bus powered, so no external power supply is required. For conveniently powering serial peripherals, ordering options allow an external power source to be connected to a DC jack on the rear of the unit. The supplied power is fused and connected to pin 5 on each of the eight RJ45 connectors. Select the appropriate configuration option for your application. Optional power supplies are available under the Accessories tab.
To further simplify connecting to VersaCom RJ45 connectors, Sealevel offers a number of accessories including RJ45 modular adapters. With these helpful adapters you can easily connect to serial ports on virtually any computer, PLC, or peripheral regardless of the device’s serial connector type or gender. For more information please browse our full line of adapters and converters.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- Utilizes high speed UARTs with 128-byte Tx FIFOs and 384-byte Rx FIFOs
- Housed in rugged, attractive plastic enclosure
- Powered by USB connection
- Optionally configured to power 5, 12 or 24 VDC serial peripherals
- Optional external power is internally fused and connected to pin 5 on each RJ45 connector
- Provides 8 RJ45 serial ports with Tx/Rx status LEDs
- Integrates transmit and receive LED indicators on each port
- VersaCom design allows RS-232 or two-wire RS-485 selection via cabling on each individual port
- High-retention USB type B connector prevents accidental disconnection of USB cable
- Sealevel software supports Windows and Linux operating systems
- Includes 72 USB cable (Item# CA179)