Gateway module. Convert from Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU / ASCII. 1 RS-232 / RS-485 / RS-422 port to 1 Ethernet port (10/100 Base-TX), Terminal to screws, TCP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, BOOTP and TFTP protocols, Power: PoE or DC Jack ( 12 ~ 48Vdc)
Modbus has become a de facto standard industrial communication protocol, and is now the most commonly available means of connecting industrial electronic devices. Modbus allows for communication between many devices connected to the same RS-485 network, for example, a system that measures temperature and humidity and communicates the results to a computer. Modbus is often used to connect a supervisory computer with a remote terminal unit (RTU) in supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems.
The tGW-700 is a Modbus TCP to RTU/ASCII gateway that enables a Modbus/TCP host to communicate with serial Modbus RTU/ASCII devices through an Ethernet network, and eliminates the cable length limitation of legacy serial communication devices. The module can be used to create a pair-connection application (as well as serial-bridge or serial-tunnel application), and can then route data over TCP/IP between two serial Modbus RTU/ASCII devices, which is useful when connecting mainframe computers, servers or other serial devices that use Modbus RTU/ASCII protocols and do not themselves have Ethernet capability.
DHCP minimizes configuration errors caused by manual IP address configuration, such as address conflicts caused by the assignment of an IP address to more than one computer or device at the same time. The tGW-700 module supports the DHCP client function, which allows it to easily obtain the necessary TCP/IP configuration information from a DHCP server. The module also contains a UDP responder that transmits its IP address information in response to a UDP search from the eSearch utility, making local management more efficient.
The tGW-700 module features a powerful 32-bit MCU to enable efficient handling of network traffic, and also has a built-in web server that provides an intuitive web management interface that allows users to modify the configuration of the module, including the DHCP/Static IP, the gateway/mask settings and the serial port settings.
- Cost-effective Modbus/TCP to RTU/ASCII Gateway
- Supports Modbus/TCP master and slave
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII master and slave
- Contains a 32-bit MCU that efficiently handles network traffic
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 x 1 (Auto-negotiating, auto MDI/MDIX, LED Indicators)
- Includes redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC jack
- Allows automatic RS-485 direction control
- Supports TCP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, BOOTP and TFTP protocols
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery
- Allows easy firmware update via the Ethernet
- Contains a tiny Web server for configuration
- Male DB-9 or terminal block connector for easy wiring
- Tiny form-factor and low power consumption
- RoHS compliant with no Halogen
- Made from fire retardant materials (UL94-V0 Level)