Tiny Power over Ethernet (PoE) module with 4 Digital Output channels(NPN, Sink), communicable over Modbus TCP protocol
Providing various digital I/O functions, the tET/tPET series is an IP-based Ethernet I/O monitoring and control module. The module can be remotely controlled through a 10/100 M Ethernet network by using Modbus TCP protocol. Modbus has become a de facto standard communications protocol in the industry, and is now the most commonly available means of connecting industrial electronic devices. This makes the tET/tPET series perfectly integrate with the HMI, SCADA, PLC and other software systems.
The functionality of the tET/tPET series is almost the same as the ET-7000/PET-7000 series. The tET/tPET series tiny Ethernet I/O modules support various I/O types, like photo-isolated digital input, relay contact, photoMOS relay, and open-collector output. The module can be used to create DI to DO pair-connect through the Ethernet. Once the configuration is completed, the tET/tPET series module can poll the status of the local DI channels and then use the Modbus/TCP protocol to continuously write to a remote DO device in the background.
The tET/tPET series provides dual watchdog: CPU watchdog and host watchdog. The CPU watchdog automatically resets it-self when the built-in firmware runs abnormally. The host watchdog monitors the host controller (PC or PLC), and the output of the module can go to predefined state (safe value) when the host fails.
For maximum space savings, the tET/tPET series is offered in an amazing tiny form-factor that means it can be easily installed in anywhere, even directly embedded into a machine. It is equipped with two removable terminal block connectors for easy wiring, and features a powerful 32-bit ARM MCU to handle efficient network trafficking. The tPET series offers true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power over Ethernet (PoE) using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to receive power from a PoE switch like the NS-205PSE. When there is no PoE switch on site, the tPET series accepts power input from DC adapter.
- Cost-effective Ethernet I/O modules (Modbus TCP/UDP slave)
- Contains a 32-bit MCU that efficiently handles network traffic
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 x1 (Auto-negotiating, Auto MDI/MDIX, LED Indicator)
- Includes redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC input
- Supports TCP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, BOOTP and TFTP protocols
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery
- Supports web configuration and firmware update via Ethernet
- Isolated digital input and output
- Supports latched DI and 32-bit high-speed counter functions
- Supports I/O pair-connection through the Ethernet
- Dual-watchdog with power-on and safe value
- Tiny form-factor with easy DIN-Rail mounting
- RoHS compliant with no Halogen
- Made from fire retardant materials (UL94-V0 Level)
- Low power consumption (about 1.7 W only)