PCI Express, 16-channel Isolated Digital Input, 16-channel PhotoMos Relay Output.
The PEX-P16POR16i is a PCI Express card contains 16 optically isolated input channels and 16 PhotoMos relay output channels. Both the isolated DI channels and the PhotoMos relay channels use a short optical transmission path to transfer an electronic signal between elements of a circuit and keep them electrically isolated. The DI channels provide 2000 VDC isolation protection, allowing the input signals to be completely floated so as to cut down ground loops, block voltage spikes, and isolate the host computer from damaging voltages. PhotoMos relays are used where it is necessary to control a circuit using a low-power signal (with complete electrical isolation between the control and controlled circuits), or where several circuits must be controlled by one signal.
The PEX-P16POR16i can be used in various applications, such as controlling the ON/OFF state of external devices, driving external relays or small power switches, activating alarms, contact closure, sensing external voltages or switches, etc. The PEX-P16POR16i is fully compatible with the PCI-P16POR16, and users can easily replace the PCI-P16POR16 with the PEX-P16POR16i without any need for software/driver modification when using PCI Express computers. The card can be installed in a 3.3 V/12 V PCI Express slot and supports true "Plug & Play", with two DB-37 connectors provided for easy wiring.
The PEX-P16POR16i also adds a Card ID switch on-board. Users can set Card ID and then recognizes the board by the ID via software when using two or more PEX-P16POR16i cards in one computer.
- Selectable DC signal input filter.
- AC signal input with filter.
- LED power indicator.
- Long life and high reliability PhotoMOS Relay.
- Low leakage current when PhotoMOS Relay is OFF.
- No contact bounce, no sparking.
- No acoustical noise.
- High speed DIO operation.
- Supports Plug & Play to obtain I/O resources.
- No more manually setting of I/O address and IRQ.
- Supports PCI Express x1.
- 8/16 PhotoMos Relay output channels.
- 8/16 Optically-isolated Digital Input channels.
- Supports Card ID (SMD Switch).
- Supports DO status Readback (Register Level).
- 2000 VDC photo-isolation protection.