PCI Express/ 48-channel digital I/O with timer /counter
The PIO-D48U/PEX-D48 is the new generation product that ICP DAS provides to meet RoHS compliance requirement and is designed as completely compatible with the PIO-D48. Users can replace the PIO-D48 by the PIO-D48U/PEX-D48 directly without software/driver modification.
The PIO-D48U supports 3.3 V/5 V PCI bus, while the PEX-D48 supports PCI Express bus. These cards provide 48 TTL digital I/O lines, and these lines are grouped into six 8-bit bi-direction ports. Every three 8-bit ports are grouped as port A (PA), port B (PB) and port C (PC) on a connector, and the port C can be split into 2 nibble-wide(4-bit) parts. All ports are configured as inputs upon power-up or reset.
The PIO-D48U/PEX-D48 also adds a Card ID switch and pull-high/ pull-low resisters for DI on board. Users can set Card ID on a board and recognize the board by the ID via software when using two or more PIO-D48U/PEX-D48 cards in one computer. The pull-high/ pull-low resisters allow the DI status to be specified when the DI channels are unconnected; the DI status will remain in high or low status other than floating.
The PIO-D48/D48U and PEX-D48 supports various OS such as Linux, DOS, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows XP 32-Bit, Vista 32-Bit and 32-bit Windows 7. It also provides the DLL and Active X control, and various language sample programs in Turbo C++, Borland c++, Microsoft C++, Visual C++, Borland Delphi, Borland C++ Builder, Visual Basic, C#.NET, Visual Basic.NET and LabVIEW to help users to quickly and easily develop their applications.
- Support the +5V PCI bus for PIO-D48
- Support the +3.3/+5 V PCI bus for PIO-D48U
- Supports PCI Express x 1 for PEX-D48
- 48 channels of digital I/O
- Bi-direction programmable I/O ports under software control
- All I/O lines buffered on the board
- Six 8-bit bi-direction I/O ports
- SMD, short card
- Connects directly to DB-24PR, DB-24PD, DB-24RD, DB-24PRD, DB-16P8R, DB-24POR, DB-24SSR, DB-24C or any OPTO-22 Compatible daughter boards
- One 32-bit programmable internal timer
- One DB37 connector, one 50-pin box header
- One 16-bit event counter
- Interrupt source: 4-channel
- Card ID function for PIO-D48U/PEX-D48
- Pull-up or pull-down resistors on I/O lines
- Emulate two industrial-standard 8255 PPI ports (mode 0)
- Buffer output for higher driving capability
- DIO response time is about 0.77 µs (1.3 MHz max.)
- DOS Lib and TC/BC/MSC sample program (with source codes)
- DLL and OCX SDK for Windows 95/98/NT/2K.
- DLL and OCX SDK for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/Vista/7.
- VB/VC/Delphi/BCB/VB.NET/C#.NET sample programs with source codes are included.
- LabVIEW toolkit for Windows.
- Driver for Linux and DasyLab