Programmable Device Server with 1 RS 232, 1 RS 422/ 485 with 1 Multi-Mode FT Fiber
The PDS-220Fx series is a family of Programmable Device Servers, also known as "Serial-to-Ethernet gateway”, that are designed for adding optical fiber connectivity to RS-232/422/485 devices.
The fiber-optic communications permits transmission over longer distances than other forms of communications because of the signals travel along them with less loss and no crosstalk. It has following important features: Immunity to electromagnetic interference (EMI) — Motors, relays, welders and other industrial equipment generate a tremendous amount of electrical noise that can cause major problems with copper cabling.
- High electrical resistance, making it safe to use near high-voltage equipment or between areas with different earth potentials.
- No sparks — important in flammable or explosive gas environments.
- Not electromagnetically radiating, and difficult to tap without disrupting the signal — important in high-security environments.
- Because of these reasons, optical fibers have largely replaced copper wire communications in core networks in the developed world.
The user-friendly VxComm Driver/Utility allows users to easily turn the built-in COM ports of the PDS-220Fx series into standard COM ports on a PC. By virtue of its protocol independence, a small-core OS and high flexibility, the PDS-220Fx series is able to meet the demands of every network-enabled application.
The PDS-220Fx series includes a powerful and reliable Xserver programming structure that allows you to design your robust Ethernet applications in one day. The built-in, high-performance MiniOS7 boots the PDS-220Fx up in just one second and gives you fastest responses.
The PDS-220Fx is equipped with 1 RS-232 port and 1 RS-485/422 port. The removable on-board terminal block connector is designed for easy and robust wiring in industrial situations. Features:
- Adds optical fiber connectivity to serial devices
- "Virtual COM" extends COM ports
- Virtual COM for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/Vista/7
- Powerful programmable device server
- Watchdog timer suitable for use in harsh environments
- Power Reverse Polarity Protection
- Serial Port +/-4 kV ESD Protection Circuit
- Self-Tuner ASIC controller on the RS-485 port
- RoHS compliant with no Halogen
- Built-in high performance MiniOS7 from ICP DAS
- 100 Base-FX fiber port (ST connectors)
- ODM service Is available
- Low power consumption
- Made from fire retardant materials (UL94-V0 level)