PyroCouple infra-red temperature sensor with 15:1 optics. 0~500°C temperature range. 2 wire: 4-20 mA output target temperature
The PyroCouple Series is a range of high quality, low cost, compact sensors which measure the temperature of inaccessible or moving objects and materials. They measure temperatures from -20°C to 500°C, accurately and consistently, with an outstanding response time of 240 ms.
Two-wire PyroCouple sensors transmit the target temperature as a 4-20 mA output and offer a simple solution for most non-contact temperature measurement applications.
Four-wire PyroCouple sensors transmit the target temperature as a 0-50 mV or thermocouple output (type J, K or T) plus the internal sensor temperature as a 4-20 mA output. This second output can be used to ensure that the sensor is being operated within the correct ambient temperature limits and prevent damage caused by overheating or overcooling. It can also be used to give an approximate indication of the air temperature surrounding the sensor.
All PyroCouple sensors are fitted with precision Germanium lenses for accurate optics. Model PC21 has 2:1 optics making it suitable for most applications where the sensor can be mounted close to the target. Model PC151 is designed for small or distant targets and has an optical resolution of 15:1. Model PC301 is designed for very small or distant targets and has an optical resolution of 30:1. Model PCCF is designed for targets as small as ø5mm at a distance of 100mm from the sensor
- Temperature range: -20°C to 500°C
- Emissivity setting: fixed at 0.95
- Two-wire 4-20 mA output or four-wire voltage/thermocouple output
- Four-wire unit also provides internal sensor temperature
- Field of view: 2:1, 15:1, 30:1 or close focus
- Fast response with high stability
- Stainless steel housing, sealed to IP65
- Quick and easy installation
- Optional air/water cooled housing, air purge collar, laser sighting tool and mounting brackets