8 Port 10 /100 Base T Managed Switch with Metal case/ SC connector/ Single Mode
The MSM-508FCS is an 8-Port Industrial Ethernet Layer 2 Managed Switch with 2-Port Fiber (SC Connector; Single-mode) that secures data transmission by using fiber optics transmission to provide immunity from EMI/RFI interference. It is uses Ethernet for transmitting a signal up to 15km, and is the perfect solution for applications where transmission must be protected from electrical exposure, surges, lightning or chemical corrosion.
Fiber ports of MSM-508FCS operate at full duplex mode. In full duplex mode, range is 15km with 8.3/125, 8.7/125, 9/125 or 10/125 µm fiber cables. The Ethernet port of MSM-508FCS supports 10/ 100M auto-negotiation feature and auto MDI /MDIX function.
It can be managed through RS-232 port via serial console or Ethernet port using telnet or Web browser. In addition, the switch supports a lot of powerful managed functions, such as 802.1Q Tag-based VLAN, Port-based VLAN, 802.1p QoS (Quality of Service), Port Trunking, Spanning Tree, Cable Testing and Port Mirroring. Built-in ICP DAS Cyber-Ring technique that enable multiple switches to be placed into a redundant ring. The switch detects and recovers from a fiber or copper link failure within approximately 50ms – for the majority of applications a seamless process. Modbus/TCP, Modbus/RTU and OPC supported, SCADA application can monitor status of Ethernet and fiber port with Modbus or OPC protocol.
MSM-508FCS provides two power inputs that can be connected simultaneously to live DC power sources. If one of the power inputs fail, the other live source acts as a backup to automatically support the MSM-508FCS's power needs. And, the relay output facility can deliver warning signal while dual power or network link failure.
- Automatic MDI / MDI-X crossover for plug-and-play
- Each port supports both 10/100 Mbps speed auto negotiation
- Store-and-forward architecture
- Full duplex IEEE 802.3x and half duplex backpressure flow control
- 3.2Gbps high performance memory bandwidth
- Frame buffer memory : 1 Mbit
- Integrated look-up engine with dedicated 2 K unicast MAC addresses.
- Redundant Power Inputs +10 ~ +30V DC Power failure alarm by relay output
- Supports operating temperatures from 0°C ~ +70°C
- DIN rail mount and Screw hole for wall mounting kit.