Rack mount embedded Ethernet controller: 256/512K flash, 256/512k SRAM, 10BaseT connection, MiniOS7 Operating System. Available in 4 & 8 slot capacity (4 x slot: 256k/256k).
The I-8430 and I-8830 are embedded Ethernet I/O units using DCON Protocol Firmware.ICPDAS provides various I/O modules, such as analog input/output, digital input/output and counter/frequcncy modules, which can be used in remote data acquisition and control applications for environment monitoring, power management and factory automation, etc via Ethernet Port or RS-232 Port.
The CPU is a 8-bit 80188 (40MHz). Apart from the original functions (input, output, power on value, safe value, high limit value, low limit value) of the I/O module, the firmware provides additional functions to allow I/O modules in different slots to be combined together. For example, if the channel value of an AI module is above a predefined high limit value, or below a predefined low limit value, the information can be immediately passed to another DO module to trigger alarm or light.
Various software development kits (SDK) and demos are provided, such as DLL, ActiveX, Labview driver, Indusoft driver, Linux driver, OPC server, etc.
Although all the SDK drivers support only COM Port interface,users can also use there SDK by installing the VxComm Utility . VxComm Utility can create Virtual COM Port to map the Ethernet Port, then the I/O modules can be easily added to the I-8430/I-8830 and can be quickly integrated into an existing system.
- Localized, high speed paralell backplane
- Equipped with MiniOS7 (ROM-DOS like OS)
- Supports IPv4.
- Provides full C library functions for:
- I-8000 I-87K I/O
- 7-segment LED display
- RTC (real time clock)
- and more!
- Firmware can be updated via the RS-232 port
- XServer architecture greatly simplifies programming of TCP/IP protocol
- Supports "VxComm" capabilities for all COM ports (RS-232 and Ethernet)
- Provides a hardware serial number or an ASICKey to protect designated systems.
- Compact I/O Expansion slots allow quick installation of I/O modules
- Built-in watchdog circuit
- Dual Bus designed to support I-8000 & I-87K series I/O modules
- ModBus TCP & RTU (via internal pass through)