USB to CAN Converter with free software setup utility. Supports Operating Temperatures between -25 to 75°C.
CAN (Controller Area Network) is a serial bus system especially suited to structure intelligent industry devices networks and build smart automatic control systems. The I-7565 is a cost-efficient device for coupling the CAN-bus to the PC using the standard USB interface by the MS-Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP, Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. If you establish the connection between the I-7565 and the PC during the runtime of the computer, the PC automatically loads the relevant device driver (hot plug & play).
3000V isolation on CAN side
The following figure shows the application architecture for I-7565 modules. The PC can be the CAN host, monitor or HMI to access/control the CAN device through the CAN network by the I-7565 Converter. This module let you to communicate with CAN devices easily from PC with USB interface.
The CAN port of I-7565 is an isolated with 3000V isolation. This isolation can protect the local devices from the damage signal coming from CAN network.
The I-7565 Watchdog is a hardware reset circuit to monitor the I-7565’s operation status. When working in harsh or noisy environment, the I-7565 may be down by the external signal. The circuit may let the I-7565 to work continuously and never halt.
Power and Error indicator display
There are two indicators on the I-7565.The power indicator can help user to check whether the I-7565 is standby or transmitting/receiving messages. The Error indicator will be turned on when some errors occur on the I-7565.
- RoHs Design
- Fully compliant with USB 1.1/2.0(Full Speed)
- Fully compatible with the ISO 11898-2 standard
- No external power supply is required as I-7565 takes it's power from the USB bus
- 82C250 CAN transceiver
- Transmission speed up to 1M bps for CAN and 921.6K bps for USB
- Support both CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B
- Built-in jumper to select 120 ohm terminal resister
- Power, data flow and error indicator for CAN and USB
- 1000 frames in CAN received buffer
- Watchdog inside
- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/Win 7/Win 10 and Linux drivers support
- Supports a range of baud rates from 10 kbps ~ 1 Mbps
- Able to configure the CAN baud rate for each channel using a rotary switch
- Extends the CAN transmission distance