RS-232 to RS-485 Industrial Converter. 3000Vdc Isolation on RS-232 side. Self-Tuner baud rate. Operating temperatures between -25 to 75°C. DIN Rail mounting. Power Supply requirement 10 to 30 Vdc.
The I-7520 is an RS-232 to RS-485 Converter with auto tuning function, auto switching baud rate, and is made of fire retardant materials. Most industrial computer systems provide standard RS-232 serial ports. Though widely accepted, RS-232 has limited transmission speed, communication range, and networking capabilities. The RS-485 standard overcome these limitations by using differential voltage lines for data and control signals, which converts RS-232 signals into isolated RS-485 signals with no need to change any hardware or software. The I-7520 lets you easily build an industrial grade, long-distance communication system using standard PC hardware.
The design of the isolation between the I-7520 and the I-7520R/AR is different. I-7520R/AR are for when users wants to supply power from the PLC/PC; Otherwise the isolation will be broken. Refer to the I-7000 bus converter manual for detailed information.
- Input: RS-232 protocol to female 9 pin connector
- Output: RS-485 protocol (two wire, D+, D-)
- Speed: auto switching baud rate, 300 ~ 115200 bps
- Internal "Self Tuner"
- Maximum of 256 modules. in a single RS-485 network without using a repeater
- Maximum of 2048 modules. in a single RS-485 network when using a repeater
- Isolation voltage: 3000Vdc on the RS-232 side
- Repeater request: 4,000 feet or over 256 modules
- Auto Switching Baud Rate, 300~115200 bps
- 3000 VDC Isolation Protection on the RS-485 side
- Transmission Speed of up to 115200 bps
- ESD Protection for the RS-232/422/485 Data Line
- Power Input of +10 ~ +30 VDC
- Supports Operating Temperatures from -25°C ~ +75°C
- Din Rail Mount
- Recommended power source:LP1025D-24S