RS-232 to RS-422/RS-485 Industrial Converter. 3000Vdc Isolation on RS-232 side. Self-Tuner baud rate. Operating temperatures between -25 to 75°C. DIN Rail mounting. Power Supply requirement 10 to 30 Vdc.
Most industrial computer systems provide standard RS-232 serial ports. Though widely accepted, RS-232 has limited transmission speed, range, and networking capabilities. The RS-422 and RS-485 standards overcome these limitations by using differential voltage lines for data and control signals, which transparently converts RS-232 signals into isolated RS-422 or RS-485 signal with no need to change any hardware or software. The I-7520/I-7520A lets you easily build an industrial grade, long-distance communication system using standard PC hardware.
The design of the isolation between the I-7520 and the I-7520R/AR is different. If the user wants to supply power from the PLC/PC, the I-7520R/AR should be used, otherwise the isolation will be broken. Refer to the I-7000 bus converter manual for detailed information.
- Auto Switching Baud Rate, 300 ~ 115200 bps
- 3000 VDC Isolation Protection on the RS-232 side
- Transmission Speed of up to 115200 bps
- ESD Protection for the RS-232/422/485 Data Line
- Power Input of +10 ~ +30 VDC
- Supports Operating Temperatures from -25°C ~ +75°C
- Recommended power source:LP1025D-24S