iPortholes High Speed 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Battery Charging Downstream Ports and SeaLATCH Locking USB Ports
With industrial and OEM applications increasingly adding USB devices, the need for more USB ports becomes a necessity. Sealevel offers the HUB4PH-KT, an internally powered USB 2.0 4-port hub with four Battery Charging Downstream Ports and SeaLATCH locking USB connectors. The hub is USB 2.0 compliant, providing a full 480M bps data rate to the host, and is backward compatible with USB 1.1 and 1.0 devices. The HUB4PH-KT includes a +5V power cable that sources power from a standard hard drive connector. Order the appropriate internal USB cable for your motherboard under the Accessories tab.
As USB charging has gained popularity, the 500mA minimum found on other USB 2.0 hubs has become insufficient for devices requiring higher charging rates. The ports on the HUB4PH-KT are configured as a Charging Downstream Ports (CDP) capable of supplying up to 1.5A of current to each downstream device. All downstream ports are USB Battery Charging Specification BC1.2 Compliant, perfect for charging batteries or powering high-current USB peripherals.
The HUB4PH-KT integrates Sealevel’s SeaLATCH locking USB ports, which are fully compatible with standard USB cables. When used with a USB cable with a SeaLATCH USB type A connector, the metal thumbscrew provides a secure connection to the device and prevents accidental cable disconnection. Order optional USB cables with SeaLATCH USB connectors, or use standard USB cables.
Supported in Windows, Linux, and other USB aware operating systems, the HUB4PH-KT requires no separate drivers. A 2mm 5-pin Molex vertical header provides an internal USB connection to your host system. For EBX and larger motherboards with a 0.1 onboard USB header, order the CA469 internal USB cable. For smaller motherboards with a 2mm onboard USB header, order the CA472 internal USB cable. Standard operating temperature range is 0°C to 70°C and extended temperature range (-40°C to 85°C) is optional.
The intelligent Porthole design is perfect for expanding industrial computing platforms using only an internal USB connection. iPorthole modules include an intelligent USB I/O board with Sealevel’s innovative Porthole mounting plate for installation in a Relio or custom enclosure. Simply design the 3.2 x 3.1 Porthole mounting footprint into your enclosure to mix and match iPorthole USB I/O modules for maximum configurability. The Porthole footprint offers a standardized method for interfacing real-world I/O connections. Features
- Powered USB 2.0 hub provides four USB CDP ports
- Four Charging Downstream Ports (CDP) supply up to 1.5A to each connected device
- All CDP are battery charging specification BC1.2 compliant
- Sealevel’s SeaLATCH USB locking ports provide secure connection with SeaLATCH USB cables via metal thumbscrews
- Status LED indicates internal connection to the host
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) 2.0 compliant hub
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.1 and USB 1.0 devices
- Supports high-speed 480M bps, full-speed 12M bps and low-speed 1.5M bps operation
- Supported in Windows, Linux and other USB aware operating systems
- Includes +5V internal power cable (Item# CA393)
- Uses Molex 5-pin vertical 2mm locking header for USB connection (Mating connector Molex# 35507-0500)