Ethernet to 4-Port RS-422, RS-485 Serial Server.
The 4402 Ethernet to serial server is the easiest way to connect RS-422 or RS-485 serial devices to your Ethernet network. SeaLINK® products use industry standard RFC 2217 TCP/IP protocol for maximizing compatibility with the widest range of applications and devices.
SeaLINK software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows operating systems. After software installation, the 4402’s serial ports appear as virtual COM ports to the host machine. Standard serial operating calls are transparently redirected to the 4402, guaranteeing compatibility with legacy serial devices and enabling backward compatibility with existing software. Serial tunneling is also supported, allowing two native serial devices to communicate over a network. Alternatively, raw data socket mode is supported, eliminating the need for a driver.
- Ethernet 10/100BaseT (autosense)
- Each port individually configurable for RS-422 or RS-485
- Automatic RS-485 enable/disable
- Appears as a virtual COM port to host machine
- Data rates to 230.4K bps
- Supports custom baud rates and 9-bit protocol
- Built-in watchdog/reset circuit automatically recovers the converter from unexpected error-states
- Four DB9M connectors
- DIN rail mounting option (Item # DR103)
- Includes 120V AC adapter that outputs 5VDC @ 2.4A (Item# TR101)
- Includes 7' Ethernet patch cable (Item# CA246) and 7' Ethernet crossover cable (Item# CA251)
- Sealevel SeaLINK software supports Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems