Ethernet converter to 4 RS232 ports (DB9 male). It includes power source.
The 4401 Ethernet to serial server is the easiest way to connect serial ports to your Ethernet network. Each RS-232 port implements all modem control signals for maximum compatibility with a wide range of peripherals. SeaLINK® products use industry standard RFC 2217 TCP/IP protocol for maximizing compatibility with the widest range of applications and devices.
SeaLINK software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows operating systems. After software installation, the 4401’s serial ports appear as virtual COM ports to the host machine. Standard serial operating calls are transparently redirected to the 4401, guaranteeing compatibility with legacy serial devices and enabling backward compatibility with existing software. Serial tunneling is also supported, allowing two native serial devices to communicate over a network. Alternatively, raw data socket mode is supported, eliminating the need for a driver.
- Ethernet 10/100BaseT (autosense)
- Appears as a virtual COM port to host machine
- Data rates to 230.4K bps
- Supports custom baud rates and 9-bit protocol
- Four DB9M connectors with full modem control signals implemented
- Built-in watchdog/reset circuit automatically recovers the converter from unexpected error-states
- DIN rail mounting option (Item # DR103)
- Includes 120V AC adapter that outputs 5VDC @ 2.4A (Item# TR101)
- Includes 7' Ethernet patch cable (Item# CA246) and 7' Ethernet crossover cable (Item# CA251)
- Sealevel SeaLINK software supports Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems