Ethernet converter to 16 serial ports configurable for RS-232/485 or 422. Includes power supply
Connect with up to 16 RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 devices over an Ethernet network with the 4163 Ethernet serial server. For quick installation, a convenient webpage is used to select RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 mode for each serial port. Additionally, the onboard webserver provides access to common serial and network settings, timeouts, and other settings. In RS-232 mode, all common modem control signals are implemented for maximum compatibility with a variety of peripherals. SeaLINK® products use industry standard RFC 2217 TCP/IP protocol for maximizing compatibility with the widest range of applications and devices.
SeaLINK software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows operating systems. After software installation, the 4163’s serial ports appear as virtual COM ports to the host machine. Standard serial operating calls are transparently redirected to the 4163, guaranteeing compatibility with legacy serial devices and enabling backward compatibility with existing software. Serial tunneling is also supported, allowing two native serial devices to communicate over a network. Alternatively, raw data socket mode is supported, eliminating the need for a driver.
Housed in rugged 1U rackmount metal enclosures, 4163 devices are suitable for variety of applications and environments. Power indicator LEDs are included on both the front and rear of the enclosure, and each of the 16 RJ45 serial connectors provide both Tx and Rx LED indicators to assist in troubleshooting. Standard operating temperature range is 0°C to +70°C, and extended temperature (-40°C to +85°C) models are available.
- Ethernet 10/100BaseT (autosense)
- Each port individually configurable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485
- Automatic RS-485 enable/disable
- Appears as virtual COM ports to host machine
- Data rates to 230.4K bps
- Supports custom baud rates and 9-bit protocol
- Built-in watchdog/reset circuit automatically recovers the converter from unexpected error-states
- 120V AC adapter with locking connector included (12VDC @ 1A output, Item# TR125)
- To ease installation, includes 7' CAT5 patch cable (blue, Item# CA246) and crossover cable (yellow, Item# CA251)
- Includes RJ45 loopbacks (one each) for testing RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485
- Sealevel SeaLINK software supports Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems