Ethernet to 16-Port RS-232 Serial Server
Easily communicate with up to 16 serial devices over an Ethernet network with the 4161 Ethernet serial server. Each RS-232 port implements all common modem control signals for maximum compatibility with a wide range of peripherals. SeaLINK® products use industry standard RFC 2217 TCP/IP protocol for maximizing compatibility with the widest range of applications and devices.
SeaLINK software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows operating systems. After software installation, the 4161’s serial ports appear as virtual COM ports to the host machine. Standard serial operating calls are transparently redirected to the 4161, guaranteeing compatibility with legacy serial devices and enabling backward compatibility with existing software. Serial tunneling is also supported, allowing two native serial devices to communicate over a network. Alternatively, raw data socket mode is supported, eliminating the need for a driver.
Housed in rugged 1U rackmount metal enclosures, 4161 devices are suitable for variety of applications and environments. Power indicator LEDs are included on both the front and rear of the enclosure, and each of the 16 RJ45 serial connectors provide both Tx and Rx LED indicators to assist in troubleshooting. Standard operating temperature range is 0°C to +70°C, and extended temperature (-40°C to +85°C) models are available.
- Ethernet 10/100BaseT (autosense)
- Appears as virtual COM ports to host machine
- Data rates to 230.4K bps
- Supports custom baud rates and 9-bit protocol
- Built-in watchdog/reset circuit automatically recovers the converter from unexpected error-states
- Serial ports utilize RJ45 connectors
- 120V AC adapter with locking connector included (12VDC @ 1A output, Item# TR125)
- To ease installation, includes 7' CAT5 patch cable (blue, Item# CA246) and crossover cable (yellow, Item# CA251)
- Includes RJ45 loopback for testing RS-232
- Sealevel SeaLINK software supports Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems