USB to 8-Port RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 (Software Configurable) DB9 Serial Interface Adapter
The 2833 USB to serial interface adapter provides eight serial ports that are software configurable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485, eliminating the need to open the enclosure to change jumper settings or dipswitches. The device maintains the electrical interface settings locally, allowing the host computer to be repaired or upgraded without reconfiguring the serial ports. Additionally, the 2833 can be configured at one computer and deployed to other computers.
SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows operating systems. After installing the software, simply plug the 2833 into an available USB port and the serial ports are recognized as standard COM ports by the host system enabling compatibility with legacy software. All Sealevel SeaLINK USB serial adapters use a state-machine architecture that greatly reduces the host computer’s overhead when communicating over multiple serial ports simultaneously while supporting data rates to 921.6K bps. Status LEDs on the front of the enclosure indicate power, serial data activity, and electrical interface.
The 2833 is housed in a rugged metal enclosure and includes two convenient USB 1.1 hub ports for easily connecting additional SeaLINK devices and other standard USB peripherals. The adapter integrates Sealevel’s SeaLATCH locking USB ports, which are fully compatible with standard USB cables. When used with the included USB cable with a locking type B connector, the metal thumbscrew provides a secure connection to the device and prevents accidental cable disconnection. Also, the highly-retentive type B connector helps prevent unintentional separation from a standard USB cable. Both USB hub ports can be secured using optional SeaLATCH USB cables.
An industrial-grade wall-mount power supply with a locking DC connector that outputs 5VDC @ 6A is included. The input power is connected to pin 9 on each of the DB9 connectors for conveniently powering common 5V serial peripherals such as bar-code scanners, receipt printers, and signature input devices. Each serial port can provide up to 500mA to connected serial peripherals.
Standard operating temperature range is 0°C to +70°C and extended temperature range (-40°C to 85°C) is optional. The 2833 is fully compatible with the popular SeaI/O and Relio R1000 footprint, making it ideal for rugged and industrial environments.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- Each port individually software configurable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485
- Electrical interface settings are maintained across multiple computers
- High speed UART with 128-byte Tx FIFO and 384-byte Rx FIFO
- Supports data rates to 921.6K bps
- Automatic RS-485 enable/disable
- 5VDC input power passed through on pin 9 of each DB9M connector and fused at 500mA for powering serial peripherals
- Sealevel’s SeaLATCH locking USB port provides secure connection with SeaLATCH USB cables via metal thumbscrews
- SeaLATCH USB ports are fully compatible with standard USB cables
- High-retention USB type B connector prevents accidental disconnection of standard USB cable
- Includes two powered, fully-rated (500mA) USB 1.1 downstream hub ports
- Status LEDs display electrical interface selection and serial data activity for each port
- Power LED displays connection to host
- Eight DB9M connectors with full modem control signals implemented in RS-232 mode
- Sealevel SeaCOM software supports Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP and Vista operating systems
- Includes desktop AC power supply with a locking DC connector that outputs 5VDC @ 6A (Item# TR126) and US power cord (Item# CA248)
- Includes 6' USB type A to SeaLATCH USB type B device cable (Item# CA356)