USB to 4-Port RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 (Software Configurable) DB9 Serial Interface Adapter
The 2423 USB to serial interface adapter offers an easy way to connect up to four serial devices to a single USB port. All configuration and electrical interface selections are handled through the driver, eliminating the need to open the enclosure to set jumpers or switches. Each serial port is software configurable for RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 with the electrical interface settings maintained locally, allowing the host computer to be repaired upgraded without reconfiguring the serial ports. Additionally, the 2423 can be configured at one computer and deployed to other computers.
SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows operating systems. After installing the software, simply plug the 2423 into an available USB port and the serial ports are recognized as standard COM ports by the host system enabling compatibility with legacy software. All Sealevel SeaLINK USB serial adapters use a state-machine architecture that greatly reduces the host computer’s overhead when communicating over multiple serial ports simultaneously while supporting data rates to 921.6K bps. Status LEDs on the front of the enclosure indicate power, serial data activity, and electrical interface.
The 2423 includes a highly-retentive USB Type B connector to prevent accidental cable disconnection and is USB bus powered, so no external power supply is needed. Standard operating temperature range is 0C to +70C and extended temperature range (-40C to +85C) is optional.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- Each port individually software configurable for RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485
- Electrical interface settings are maintained across multiple computers
- High speed UART with 128-byte Tx FIFO and 384-byte Rx FIFO
- Supports data rates to 921.6K bps
- Automatic RS-485 enable/disable
- Status LEDs display electrical interface selection and serial data activity for each port
- Power LED displays connection to host
- Powered by USB connection
- High-retention USB type B connector prevents accidental disconnection of standard USB cable
- Four DB9M connectors with full modem control signals implemented in RS-232 mode
- Sealevel SeaCOM software supports Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Includes 6' USB device cable (Item# CA179)