USB to 4-Port RS-232, RJ45 Serial Interface Adapter with Optional Power on RJ45 Pin 5
The 2404 4-port USB to serial adapter offers an easy way to connect multiple serial devices via a single USB port. The 2404 uses a state-machine architecture that greatly reduces the host computer’s overhead when communicating over multiple ports simultaneously. RS-232 data rates up to 921.6K bps are supported. The 2404 is housed in a rugged, attractive plastic enclosure with a high-retention USB type B connector that prevents accidental disconnection of the included USB cable.
SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. After installing the software, the serial ports appear as standard COM ports to the host system enabling compatibility with legacy software.
The 2404 is USB bus powered, so no external power supply is required. For conveniently powering serial peripherals, ordering options allow an external power source to be connected to a DC jack on the rear of the unit. The supplied power is fused and connected to pin 5 on each of the four RJ45 connectors. Select the appropriate configuration option for your application. Optional power supplies are available under the Accessories tab.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- Utilizes high speed UARTs with 128-byte Tx FIFOs and 384-byte Rx FIFOs
- Housed in rugged, attractive plastic enclosure
- Powered by USB connection
- Optionally configured to power 5, 12 or 24 VDC serial peripherals
- Optional external power is internally fused and connected to pin 5 on each RJ45 connector
- Provides 4 RJ45 serial ports with Tx/Rx status LEDs
- High-retention USB type B connector prevents accidental disconnection of USB cable
- Integrates transmit and receive LED indicators on each port
- Sealevel SeaCOM software supports Windows and Linux operating systems
- Includes 72-inch USB cable (Item# CA179)