USB to 16-Port RS-232 RJ45 Serial Interface Adapter
The SeaLINK® 2228 is a dual-port embedded USB to multi-interface serial adapter intended for mounting directly to a computer chassis, eliminating the need for an external converter and providing a clean, professional installation. All configuration and electrical interface selections are handled through the driver, so you never need to open the enclosure to set jumpers or switches. Each serial port is individually software configurable for RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 with the electrical interface settings maintained locally, allowing the host computer to be repaired or upgraded without reconfiguring the serial ports.
SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows operating systems. After installing the software, simply connect the 2228 to an available USB header connector on your motherboard and the serial ports are recognized as standard COM ports by the host system enabling compatibility with legacy software. All SeaLINK USB serial adapters use a state-machine architecture that greatly reduces the host computer’s overhead when communicating over multiple serial ports simultaneously while supporting data rates to 921.6K bps.
The 2228 includes a standard sized PC bracket and ships with an internal USB cable (Item# CA260) that is compatible with many EBX and larger sized motherboards with 0.1 USB header connectors. For EPIC and smaller sized motherboards, an internal USB cable with a 2mm header connector (Item# CA383) is available as an option. Standard operating temperature range is 0C to +70C and extended temperature range (-40C to +85C) is optional.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- Each port individually software configurable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485
- High-speed UART with 128-byte Tx FIFO and 384-byte Rx FIFO
- Supports data rates to 921.6K bps
- Automatic RS-485 enable/disable
- Powered by USB connection
- Two DB9M connectors with full modem control signals implemented in RS-232 mode
- Sealevel SeaCOM software supports Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP and Vista operating systems