USB to 2-Port Isolated RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 DB9 Serial Interface Adapter
The 2213 USB to isolated serial interface adapter offers an easy way to connect two serial devices to a USB port. Each serial port features 2 kV optical isolation and port-to-port isolation to help prevent damage caused by surges and ground loops commonly found in industrial environments. Each DB9M serial port is individually configurable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 via dip switches accessible through the case. There is never a need to open the enclosure, simplifying field installation and service. Status LEDs on each serial port display transmit and receive activity, and data rates to 921.6 Kbps are supported.
SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. After installing the software, simply connect the 2213 serial adapter to your USB port. The device is immediately recognized by the host system with both serial ports appearing as standard COM ports, enabling compatibility with legacy software. The 2213 is USB bus powered, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
The 2213 integrates Sealevel’s SeaLATCH locking USB port, which is fully compatible with standard USB cables. When used with the included USB cable with a SeaLATCH USB type B connector, the metal thumbscrew provides a secure connection to the device and prevents accidental cable disconnection.
Ready for DIN rail mounting, the 2213 includes a removable plastic clip that snaps onto 35mm DIN rail. The clip can also be attached to a wall, under a counter, or inside a panel with optional screws.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- Each port individually configurable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485
- High speed UART with 128-byte Tx FIFO and 384-byte Rx FIFO
- Optical isolation provides up to 2 kV protection against damaging surges and ground loops
- Supports data rates to 921.6 Kbps
- Automatic RS-485 enable/disable
- Sealevel’s SeaLATCH locking USB port provides secure connection with SeaLATCH USB cables via metal thumbscrews
- Status LEDs display serial transmit and receive activity
- Powered by USB connection
- DB9M connectors
- Sealevel software supports Windows and Linux operating systems
- Includes 6' USB type A to SeaLATCH USB type B device cable (Item# CA356)