Embedded USB to 2-Port RS-232 DB9 Serial Interface Adapter with Standard Size PC Bracket
The 2208 is a two-port embedded USB to RS-232 serial adapter intended for mounting directly to a PC’s chassis, eliminating the need for external converters and providing a clean, professional installation. The board is USB bus powered with each port capable of data rates to 460 Kbps, and installs inside a standard height computer in a spare bracket location. The 2208 includes a standard PC bracket with two DB-9 male connectors and two 14-inch USB header cables (Item# CA260) that connect to most motherboard USB box header connectors and use two USB ports (one per serial port). Other USB header cable options are available on a custom design basis.
SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows operating systems. After installing the software, simply connect the SeaLINK® serial interface adapter to your USB port and the device is immediately recognized by the system as a standard serial port.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- High speed UART with 128-byte Tx FIFO and 384-byte Rx FIFO
- Data rates to 460.8K bps
- All modem control signals implemented
- Powered by USB connection
- Includes two 14 USB header cables (Item# CA260)
- Sealevel software supports Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista and Linux operating systems
- Dual DB-9M connectors