USB to 16-Port RS-232, RS-485 RJ45 VersaCom Serial Interface Adapter
The 2167 16-port USB to serial adapter offers an easy way to connect multiple RS-232 or RS-485 devices via a single USB port. With the unique VersaCom multi-interface connector design included on the 2167, both RS-232 and two-wire RS-485 signals are always present and active on the RJ45 serial connectors. Simply select the appropriate pin out for RS-232 or two-wire RS-485 on each individual port. There is never a need to open the enclosure to set internal jumpers, switches, or shunts, so field installation and service is easy. Tx and Rx activity LEDs are also included to display status and assist in troubleshooting.
SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. After installing the software, each serial port appears as a standard COM port to the host system enabling compatibility with legacy software. The 1U rackmount-compatible system uses a state machine architecture that greatly reduces the host computer’s overhead when communicating over multiple ports simultaneously. Data rates up to 921.6K bps are supported. Two convenient USB 1.1 downstream connections are also provided to allow daisy chaining SeaLINK devices or interfacing standard USB peripherals.
To further simplify connecting to VersaCom RJ45 connectors, Sealevel offers a number of accessories including RJ45 modular adapters. With these helpful adapters you can easily connect to serial ports on virtually any computer, PLC, or peripheral regardless of the device’s serial connector type or gender. For more information please browse our full line of adapters and converters.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- Utilizes high speed UARTs with 128-byte Tx FIFOs and 384-byte Rx FIFOs
- Supports front or rear rack mounting or desktop use
- Provides 16 RJ45 serial ports with Tx/Rx status LEDs
- VersaCom design allows RS-232 or two-wire RS-485 selection via cabling on each individual port
- Supports RS-232 data rates to 115.2K bps and half duplex RS-485 data rates to 921.6K bps
- Includes two fully-rated (500mA) USB 1.1 downstream ports
- Power LED on front and rear
- Sealevel SeaCOM software supports Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Includes 72 USB cable (Item# CA179)
- 120V AC adapter included (5VDC 2.4A output, Item# TR101)