USB to 16-Port RS-232 RJ45 Serial Interface Adapter
The 2161 16-port USB to serial adapter offers an easy way to connect multiple serial devices via a single USB port.
SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. After installing the software, the serial ports on the 2161 appear as standard COM ports to the host system enabling compatibility with legacy software.
The 1U rackmount-compatible system uses a state machine architecture that greatly reduces the host computer’s overhead when communicating over multiple ports simultaneously. Data rates up to 115.2K bps are supported. Two convenient USB 1.1 downstream connections are also provided to allow daisy chaining SeaLINK devices or interfacing standard USB peripherals.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- Utilizes high speed UARTs with 128-byte Tx FIFOs and 384-byte Rx FIFOs
- Supports front or rear rack mounting or desktop use
- Provides 16 RJ45 serial ports with Tx/Rx status LEDs
- Supports data rates to 115.2K bps
- Includes two fully-rated (500mA) USB 1.1 downstream ports
- Integrates transmit and receive LED indicators on each port
- Power LED on front and rear
- Sealevel SeaCOM software supports Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Includes 72 USB cable (Item# CA179)
- 120V AC adapter included (5VDC 2.4A output, Item# TR101)