Embedded USB to 1-Port RS-232 DB9 Serial Interface Adapter
The 2108 is a single port embedded USB to RS-232 serial adapter intended for mounting directly to a PC’s chassis, eliminating the need for external converters and providing a clean, professional installation. The board is USB bus powered, capable of data rates to 460 Kbps, and installs inside a low profile computer in a spare bracket location. The 2108 includes a low profile PC bracket and a 14-inch USB header cable (Item# CA260) that connects to most motherboard USB box header connectors and uses only one USB port per serial port.
Sealevel’s SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. After installing the software, simply connect the SeaLINK® serial interface adapter to your USB port and the device is immediately recognized by the system as a standard serial port.
The 2108 is compatible with any low profile PC slot. If you have a standard size PC slot, be sure to select the standard profile bracket. Other USB header cable options are available on a custom design basis.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- High speed UART with 128-byte Tx FIFO and 384-byte Rx FIFO
- Data rates to 460.8K bps
- All modem control signals implemented
- Powered by USB connection
- Sealevel software supports Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista and Linux operating systems
- Includes 14 USB header cable (Item# CA260)
- DB-9M connector