USB to 1-Port RS-485 DB9 Serial Interface Adapter
The 2107 provides a single port USB to RS-485 asynchronous serial port and versatile interface for common RS-485 applications. The adapter utilizes Sealevel’s expertise in military-grade designs by incorporating a ruggedized, overmolded enclosure. This improves the reliability and durability in automation, factory floor, industrial and mobile RS-485 applications.
The 2107 supports 2-wire RS-485 networks and includes a removable terminal block adapter (Item# TB34) that simplifies field wiring. Thumbscrews on the TB34 secure the terminal block adapter to the serial port and prevent accidental disconnection.
The USB serial adapter features programmable baud rate and data formats with 128-byte transmit and 384-byte receive buffers. The adapter is compatible with all standard PC baud rates and supports high-speed communication to 921.6K bps. The 2107 is powered by the USB port and status LEDs molded into the enclosure indicate serial data activity and connection to the host.
Sealevel SeaCOM USB software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. After installing the software, simply plug the 2107 into an available USB port and the serial port is recognized as a standard COM port by the host system enabling compatibility with legacy software.
The attached cable is approximately 44 inches long and fully shielded to protect the 2107 from RF and EMI interference that is common in mobile and industrial environments. The 2107 operates over an extended temperature range of -40 – +75C.
The 2107 has a DB-9M connector and includes a removable terminal block. If you need a DB-25M connector, order the 2102.
- Compliant with RoHS and WEEE directives
- Rugged, military-grade enclosure improves durability in mobile and industrial applications
- High speed UART with 128-byte Tx FIFO and 384-byte Rx FIFO
- Programmable baud rate and data formats
- Supports data rates to 921.6K bps
- Status LEDs molded into enclosure indicate serial data activity and connection to host
- Supports 2-wire RS-485 networks
- Powered by USB host connection
- Sealevel SeaCOM software supports Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Attached cable is approximately 44 inches in length
- Overall length is 48 inches
- Standard DB9M serial connector
- Includes removable 5-position terminal block adapter (Item# TB34)